All the notification related to the GST Portal will be communicated to the mobile number and email ID specified. Hence, it is very important for a registered person to keep updated mobile number and email ID on GST portal. You can change your mobile number and email ID easily, without the approval of an assessing officer. Here, we have the listed the step by step procedure regarding how to change or update your mobile number and email ID on GST portal.
Change Email & Mobile No. on GST Portal
- First visit the GST Portal i.e. https://www.gst.gov.in/ and login with your username and password.
- Click Services>Registration>Amendment of registration Non-core fields.
- All the tabs for editing will be displayed on the screen. There, you have to click on the tab named ‘’Authorised Signatory’’.
- The tab will display the current authorised signatory. From there, click on “ADD NEW”.
- Provide the details of your new mobile number & email ID. Then click on “Save” button to save the details.
- Next, click on the Verification tab.
- Tick the verification check box.
- Select the authorised signatory, from the name of authorised signatory drop-down list. In the place field, enter the name of the place.
- Select the relevant option to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or E-signature or EVC.
- The window will display a message of successful submission of application on the submission of the application for correction in GST registration.
- You will receive an acknowledgement within 15 minutes on the old e-mail address and mobile number.
- After 15 minutes of submission of application for amendment, or when the acknowledgment is received, login to the GST Portal.
- Again select the authorized signatory tab.
- From there, deselect the primary authorised signatory checkbox for the old signatory and select the newly added signatory as the primary authorized signatory.
- Now, verify the mobile number and email id for the newly added signatory. Click the verification tab and submit the application using DSC/E-Signature/EVC.
- After submission of the application, you will receive an acknowledgment within 15 minutes on the new email address and mobile number.