Faqs on GST
1. Which taxes at the Central & State level are being subsumed into GST?
A. At the Central level, GST will subsume service tax, central excise duty, additional excise duty, additional customs duty and special additional customs duty. Where as at State level, state value added tax/sales tax, entertainment tax, central sales tax, octroi & entry tax, purchase tax, luxury tax and taxes on a lottery, betting and gambling are being subsumed into GST. faqs on gst
2. For a manufacturer who was not registered in excise, can he take credit of goods on which he doesn’t have duty paying documents. OR can he take deemed transitional credit?
A. As per section 140 of CGST Act, the answer is NO.
3. On receipt of advance in case of goods now, is the payment of the tax required?
4. Can an unregistered manufacturer with an annual turnover below Rs. 20 lakhs suppy services to SEZ Unit/SEZ Developer?
5. If you have accidentally filed the GST amount in the incorrect head, filed under Cess, can this be changed?
A. Shortly, a circular detailing the process for manual filing of the application form for refund will be issued. Or else, the amount paid can be used to pay the future tax liability.
6. I am an input service distributor. When can I file ITC-06 for July 2017?
A. You can file ITC-06 by 31st December 2017.
7.What is the last date for filing ITC-04 for July-September 2017?
A. The last date is 30th December 2017.
8. If goods are destroyed or lost due to various reasons, can an individual take ITC for such goods?
A. No, he cannot take the benefit of ITC, in respect of goods stolen, lost, destroyed or written off.
9. If a dealer has more than Rs. 1.5 crore turnover, whether he has to file GSTR-1 return every month for July-October 2017 or only one GSTR-1 return for July-October 2017 on or before 31st December 2017?
A. A registered person needs to file Form GSTR-1 for every month from July-October 2017, if his turnover is more than Rs. 1.5 crore. Last date is 31st December.
10. Is ITC available on vehicle taken on lease for employee in a manufacturing company?
A. No, it is not allowed as per section 17(5) of the CGST Act 2017.
11. Is it mandatory to provide Job Work Challan details while online filing of GSTR-1?
12. What documents do you need for sales return from an unregistered person. Do you need to issue debit note on behalf of him?
A. A reigstered person will issue a credit note to the unregistered person.
13. GSTR-2 online preparation is not showing in GST Portal, while the last date of filing GSTR-2 is showing 30th November 2017 in GST home page. Do you have to file GSTR-2 or not?
A. Last date for filing Form GSTR-2 is yet to be notified. Refer to Notification no. 57/2017 as well as 58/2017 dated 15th November 2017.
14. How can I convert GST registration into Input Service Distributor registration?
A. First, you need to cancel the regular registration by filing Form GST REG-29 and then take a fresh registration by filing Form GST REG-01. There you have to choose ISD in the field and provide the reason to obtain registration.